San Francisco, CA – November 15th, 2023 – Today, Alembic Technologies announced that the company has undergone a System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 examination and a SOC 3 examination, each resulting in a CPA’s report stating that management of Alembic maintained effective controls over the security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of its AI-Enabled Marketing Intelligence platform. The engagements were performed by BARR Advisory, P.A.
A SOC 2 report is designed to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls used by the service organization to process customers’ information. A SOC 3 report is similar in scope, but is shorter and allows for more general distribution.
“We are pleased that our SOC 2 and SOC 3 reports have shown we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy, along with HIPAA Security Rule requirements,” said John Adams CTO and Co-Founder. “Ensuring SOC 2 and SOC 3 compliance is not just about ticking boxes for regulatory standards; it’s about building a foundation of trust with our customers. In this digital age, safeguarding sensitive information and maintaining operational integrity are at the heart of our business ethics. As a CTO/CSO, I see compliance as a commitment to excellence and a testament to our dedication to security, confidentiality, and privacy. It’s our promise to not just meet, but exceed, the expectations of security in our ever-evolving technological landscape.”
The following principles and related criteria have been developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements:
- Security: The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- Availability: The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, valid, accurate, timely, and authorized to meet the entity’s objectives.
- Confidentiality: Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy: Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed, and disposed of to meet the entity’s objectives.
- HIPAA Security Rule Requirements: The system is compliant with the applicable HIPAA Security Rule requirements outlined in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Health Information Portability and Accountability Act.
A SOC 2 report is an internal control report on the services a service organization provides to its customers. It provides valuable information that existing and potential customers of the service organization need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
A SOC 3 report is a public-facing report for general use that communicates that an organization’s controls are properly designed, implemented, and operating effectively.
Current and prospective customers interested in a copy of our SOC 2 or SOC 3 reports can find them here.
ABOUT BARR Advisory
BARR Advisory is a cloud-based security and compliance solutions provider specializing in cybersecurity consulting and compliance for companies with high-value information in cloud environments like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. A trusted advisor to some of the fastest-growing cloud-based organizations around the globe, BARR simplifies compliance across multiple regulatory and customer requirements in highly regulated industries, including technology, financial services, healthcare, and government.
BARR Advisory services include:
- Compliance Program Assistance
- SOC 1 Examinations
- SOC 2 and 3 Examinations
- SOC for Cybersecurity
- PCI DSS Assessment Services
- ISO 27001 and 27701 Assessments
- FedRAMP Security Assessments
- HIPAA/HITECH Services
- HITRUST Services
- Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments
- Cybersecurity Consulting