Engineering - Senior Developer, Server-Side
Why join Alembic?
Add your strengths to a team of dynamic personalities who believe that expertise is gained through commitment to both learning and teaching. We foster a culture of interdependence to leverage all of our unique capabilities and navigate towards rapid growth. We are agile, creative, and get results–fast. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Gym and Fitness Credit.
Who is Alembic?
Alembic’s technology helps marketers, brands, professional sports teams, athletes and influencers understand how marketing efforts drive revenue. Our systems work at large scale, have a strong focus on privacy and security, and use technologies that are typically only found in large companies.
We are thought leaders in engineering, operations, data science, product, sales, and marketing from some of the most prominent technology companies in the world. We’d love to add you to our experienced team.
What would you do?
Our core technologies are Linux, Apache Druid, Postgres, NodeJS, React, Apollo Client / Server (GraphQL), and AWS.
Other technologies that we use include Sequelize ORM, Bull, Celery, Python, Kafka, Docker, and Ansible/Terraform for systems management.
- Develop server-side applications and GraphQL APIs to support both our client UX and our integrations with multiple SaaS providers, including all major social network companies, messaging companies, and others.
- Work with our chief architect to architect, design, document, and build highly-scalable modular code.
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of software development from architecture, to coding, and deployment
What will success look like?
- You understand our customer’s business requirements and deliver responsive, high-quality code quickly with fully automated testing.
- You have a platform mindset – delivering services that meet the needs of all of our customers, not just one or two.
- You are good at making tradeoffs and sequencing your work to deliver incremental value quickly.
- You understand NodeJS and deployment systems such as PM2.
- You are able to make solid decisions regarding application performance, upkeep, and maintenance
What skills will you need?
- 4+ years of experience writing web-facing applications
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- 1 year of experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Terraform.
- Advanced knowledge in building high-performance web applications
- Solid understanding of Linux/Unix, packaging, performance, and deployment
- At least two years with any two of the following three: GraphQL, React, and Redux
- BSCS/MSCS or equivalent experience. Solid understanding of Data Structures and CS.
- Strong learning/teaching orientation. We succeed or fail as a team!
- Low ego. This is all about our customers and our mutual success, not about individual success.
- Professional experience with database and caching technologies, especially with Sequelize ORM, Postgres, and SQL itself.
- Experience designing and interfacing with APIs for consistency, simplicity, and extensibility.
- GraphQL schemas and resolver design
- Knowledge of the JS ecosystem, with demonstrated proficiency in working with React components and managing state
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and debugging in distributed environments
Nice To Have:
- Experience working with a variety of APIs, Social and non-social (Adobe Analytics, Salesforce, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Web performance analysis and solid understanding of caching
- Experience managing message queuing systems such as Bull, Kafka, and related technologies
- Secure coding mindset